It took Microsoft a bit longer than expected but KB4284848, a new cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803, has finally been released.
Microsoft released cumulative updates for previous versions of Windows last week but did not release an update for the April 2018 Update version.
It is usually the case that updates get released for all versions of Windows 10 and that is why it was strange that 1803 did not receive one when all other versions did.
KB4284848 for Windows 10 version 1803
KB4284848 is a cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803, the April 2018 Update, that brings the build of the operating system to 17134.137.
The update is a non-security update that includes lots of fixes and improvements including some that fix long-standing issues with the update.
- Fixes streaming compatibility issues with “certain live TV streaming content providers”.
- Addressed an issue where content created with Media Center would not play on Windows 10 version 1803.
- Addressed an issue that caused recent versions of Google Chrome to stop working on some devices.
- Fixed issues with the Remote Desktop client. Pop-up windows and drop-down menus did not appear and right-clicking would not work properly either when using remote applications.
- Fixed the cause of the error message “An invalid argument was supplied” when trying to access or run programs from shared folders using the SMBv1 protocol.
- Fixed a Task Scheduler issue that throws the error “ERROR_NO_SUCH_LOGON_SESSION/STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT”.
- Fixed an issue with the HDR streaming calibration slider of the Video Settings that caused it to stop working.
- Fixed a SmartHeap issue with UCRT.
- Fixed performance regressions in App-V which slowed down certain actions in Windows 10.
- Fixed an Appmonitor issue that caused it to stop working at logoff.
- Addressed a port range issue when running client applications in container images.
- Fixed DNS server issue that caused it to stop working when using DNS Query Resolution Policies with a “Not Equal” (NE) condition.
- Fixed T1 and T2 custom value issues after configuring DHCP failover.
- Fixed the cause of connection failures when “a Remote Desktop connection doesn’t read the bypass list for a proxy that has multiple entries”.
- Addressed a performance issue with Windows Mixed Reality for certain hybrid graphics adapter laptops.
If you use the Microsoft Update Catalog to download the update you need to install the servicing stack update KB4338853 first. Microsoft rated the update critical.
Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft releases KB4284848 for Windows 10 version 1803 appeared first on gHacks Technology News .