MIUI is available in two forms: MIUI China Stable and MIUI Global Stable. The two ROMs have important differences in functionality, as Global ROMs are intended for a global audience. MIUI Global ROMs have Google Play services integration, while MIUI China ROMs don’t come with Google Play services are integrated with Xiaomi’s online services. Languages and region-specific functionality are different as well. It’s important to keep the above the mind when dealing with MIUI 10. MIUI 10 China was announced by Xiaomi alongside the Xiaomi Mi 8, Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition, and the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE at an event in China in May. MIUI 10 Global, on the other hand, was announced at the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 event in India last month.
The company has already detailed the roll-out schedule for both MIUI China ROM as well as the MIUI Global Beta ROM. Since MIUI 10’s announcement, many Xiaomi phones have received MIUI 10 China Alpha/Beta ROMs as well as MIUI 10 Global Beta ROMs. Now, MIUI 10 China Closed Alpha 8.7.2 is available for 11 Xiaomi devices. They are noted as follows:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X (Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm variant)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (device codename: vince; known as Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in India)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime (known as Xiaomi Redmi Y1 in India)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite (known as Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite in India)
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi 5X
- Xiaomi Mi 5S
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Installation instructions for MIUI 10
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Download the right TWRP image for your phone:
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite/Redmi Y1 Lite
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 5X
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 5S
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (unofficial)
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Download the Google apps package.
- Download the right MIUI 10 build for your phone:
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 5X
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 5S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM and GApps package from your PC to your phone.
- Reboot to the bootloader by powering off your phone and holding down the power key and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Boot TWRP on your device with the following command:
fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img(Replace /path/to/twrp.img with the actual filename and the location where you stored it.)
- Once you have booted into TWRP, tap on “Wipe” and then “swipe to factory reset” to do a factory reset. This may not be necessary, but it’s always recommended when flashing a beta update of a major operating system upgrade.
- Go to “Install” and find where you stored the MIUI 10 ROM. Select it and flash it.
- Tap “back” and then flash the Google apps package.
- Once the flashing has completed, tap on “reboot system” and you should boot into MIUI 10!
Download links via @xiaomiui on Telegram.