MIUI is available in two forms: MIUI China Stable and MIUI Global Stable. The two ROMs have important differences in functionality, as Global ROMs are intended for a global audience. MIUI Global ROMs have Google Play services integration, while MIUI China ROMs don’t come with Google Play services are integrated with Xiaomi’s online services. Languages and region-specific functionality are different as well. It’s important to keep the above the mind when dealing with MIUI 10. MIUI 10 China was announced by Xiaomi alongside the Xiaomi Mi 8 , Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition, and the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE at an event in China in May . MIUI 10 Global, on the other hand, was announced at the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 event in India last month.
The company has already detailed the roll-out schedule for both MIUI China ROM as well as the MIUI Global Beta ROM . Since MIUI 10’s announcement, many Xiaomi phones have received MIUI 10 China Alpha/Beta ROMs as well as MIUI 10 Global Beta ROMs . Now, MIUI 10 China Closed Alpha 8.7.2 is available for 11 Xiaomi devices. They are noted as follows:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X (Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm variant)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (device codename: vince; known as Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in India)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime (known as Xiaomi Redmi Y1 in India)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite (known as Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite in India)
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi 5X
- Xiaomi Mi 5S
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Installation instructions for MIUI 10
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Download the right TWRP image for your phone:
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime /Redmi Y1
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite /Redmi Y1 Lite
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 5X
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 5S
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (unofficial)
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Download the Google apps package.
- Download the right MIUI 10 build for your phone:
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 5X
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 5S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM and GApps package from your PC to your phone.
- Reboot to the bootloader by powering off your phone and holding down the power key and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Boot TWRP on your device with the following command:
fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img(Replace /path/to/twrp.img with the actual filename and the location where you stored it.)
- Once you have booted into TWRP, tap on “Wipe” and then “swipe to factory reset” to do a factory reset. This may not be necessary, but it’s always recommended when flashing a beta update of a major operating system upgrade.
- Go to “Install” and find where you stored the MIUI 10 ROM. Select it and flash it.
- Tap “back” and then flash the Google apps package.
- Once the flashing has completed, tap on “reboot system” and you should boot into MIUI 10!
Download links via @xiaomiui on Telegram .